Monday, April 18, 2011

Sadistik


At only 23 years of age, Sadistik is quickly becoming one of the best underground hip-hop artists. Sadistik is one part Slugs and one part Marshall Mathers, with a unique style. By the time Sadistik was 22 years old he had already released his first album "The Balancing Act" working with already known artists Mac Lethal and Vast Aire. If you listened to this album, you will find it really takes off 1/3 of the way in. Sadistik's lyrics feel dark and cold yet meaningful. This is not a CD that will hype you up or cheer you up, rather it is more for those times you are alone and want time to reflect. Make sure you pay attention to the deep poetic sounding lyrics throughout this whole album. If you just listen to one song off this album make sure its "Writes of Passage".


Here is an example of the poetic lyrics Sadistik uses during this album:


But I gave in to all my fears instead

The only thing that ran more then me (were the tears you shed)

When you told me you cut inside ya flesh

You're depressed and you'd rather die instead

I could feel my heart tear to bits

(The first time Ive cried ever since my parents split)

And I knew, there was no you and I

I kissed you goodbye, it felt like suicide

-"November"


"The Art of Dying" is Sasistik's most recent release. Kid Called Computer helps to produce this album and he doesn't miss a step. Much like The Balancing Act, Sadistik displays his emotions throughout the album with a unique swagger.


If you are looking for something different from the norm with a deep poetic and intense flow, these albums are for you. Please don't sleep on Sadistik, if you do, you'll regret it!


Let me know what you think of Sadistik

2 comments:

  1. Sadistik is definitely on the fast track to the top. I feel the reason is because he rhymes about what people can relate to not what people want like the Lil Waynes and Drakes of the rap industry. When you rhyme about things people can relate to you cant go wrong. Hidden gem for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya i think rap is one of the few genres that allow people to talk about real struggles in life. A lot of ppl with rough lives find it difficult to talk about what they've been through but Sadistik seems to have a great ability to do just that. Good post geronibro.

    ReplyDelete